Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Walking Fast into the New Year!!



Hi Everyone,

It’s been over a year since my last post and I wanted to update my blog. Over the last year I have continued to work out in physical therapy at least once a week for a couple of hours. With insurance the way it is, I haven't been able to work out as often as I used to. I continue to walk with the walker in therapy. As you can see in the videos, I have gotten really fast and smooth with my walking. I can walk far now without getting tired and don’t have to put much weight on my arms as I walk.  My therapist is there to help block my knees only if needed but he isn't touching me. It feels incredible to walk this good.

I also use the alter G machine where I walk on a treadmill for a least a half hour at a time. It’s a cool machine that fills with air and takes part of my body weight off as I walk so I can go longer without getting as tired. 

I also continue to work out with my core by doing 100 sit ups at a time and doing other core workouts as well. I sometimes crawl in therapy too. I like to work out with weights to keep my arms strong also. 

      As always, I'm busy with my husband and 3 kids. We continue to have lots of fun and are busy just enjoying life!
  
Another video walking last week
 Me & my Hubby Scott

 Me and my son Parker & Me and my son Hunter
 Me and my daughter Savannah

5 comments:

Lisa Powe said...

Where do you go for therapy?

Anonymous said...

Trish,
I always like to see what you are doing and continue to be amazed by your progress. Your incredible walking skills really show all your hard work and determination. Love seeing pics of your beautiful family.
~ Ruth Sunda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
buy medication online said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raul G said...

Hi Trish & congratulations on your improvements. I wish I could talk to you. My brother is a quad. He suffered an accident 14 months ago. I’m running out of options. Can you please call me at 9564580256. God bless you and your family.