Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another Week of Work



This will be another week of physical, occupational and recreational therapy for Trish. She continues to hone the physical skills that will help her be more independent when she returns home.

The efforts by the doctors are also continuing to deal with the various accident related internal issues. These continue to frustrate Trish and make the PT work even tougher.

Here she is working with Mellisa, her PT, on making the move from her chair to the bed which has been raised above her. This more advanced transfer skill will be needed for her to "pop-over" from her chair into the chair on the stair lift she and Scott hope to buy. This stair lift, while very expensive and not covered by insurance, will be the key for Trish to live her life both down and upstairs in their new home.

Today Trish will be going out to lunch with the other rehab patients as the RT staff continues to work with the gang to "get out and about" from the hospital.

More later this week ...

10 comments:

Debbie Cartwright said...

Your consistent and continuous progress is amazing Trish!! You are an inspiration and true example of determination and perseverance.
Keeping you and your family in prayers and thoughts each day! Hope to see you soon!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish, I left you a comment on Saturday, July 7th. I just want to make sure that you go back and see it. I guess I didn't realize I was leaving it on the wrong day.
Love, Pam Baker

Deb said...

Trish,
You look fantastic. Keep up your hard work and determination.
Here's to another week of SUPER STRENGTH for our SUPER HERO.
I think of you and your family often.
Hang tough.
Deb K

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
Keep up the great effort...........
I remember what a tough cowgirl you were.
Thinking of you and your family and keeping you in our prayers.
All our Love,

Anonymous said...

HI Trish, Just sending you a BIG HUG and KISS. You are truely Mrs. Amazing !!! Love, Aunt Joy & Uncle Carl

Renita said...

Hey Trish, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of ya today. Remember I love ya, Renita

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are AMAZING!!! It is obvious you are not only an inspriration to those who know and love you already, but also to those at the facility as well. We are all very proud of you and know you will continue to make great strides. Keep up the hard work. Lots of love, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
I found out about the accident and had been wondering and worried about how you were doing. I can't tell you how good it was to see your smiling face when I opened to "Trish's Place". I can't even imagine all the challenges you have faced but you of all people have the spirit and determination to do it. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers. By the way, congratulations on your wedding, beautiful picture. Wow, your boys sure are getting big! Thanks to your Dad, he has done an amazing job with this page.
Love,
Jennifer (Johnson) Mathes

Anonymous said...

Trish,
I know it's been a long time, but I just wanted to pass on some thoughts and prayers your way. Jen Jo told me about what happened and shared your website with me. Your Dad has done a great job with it. It was good to read about all the remarkable progress you have made, which I have no doubt, will only continue. Your spirit and determination are not only amazing but admirable. And that awesome smile of yours was great to see in the pictures! You have a beautiful family and I wish you all the best.
Love,
Lori (Dana) Shaw --NAU

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work on the rehab. I will keep up with you're updates, I wish you good luck further on and hope for you're further recovery.
You're former Student-
Richard Widmar