Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Good Week

I was fortunate to be able to spend the day with Trish on Tuesday of this week. I attended her PT & OT therapy sessions at Barrows, and then drove her to her house in Queen Creek. It was her first ride in my car since before the accident, and she was able to transfer herself from her chair to the passenger seat with no difficulty.

The therapists at Barrows continue to push her to try new things, and Trish continues to make amazing progress. Each week she gains more strength and learns more mobility tricks. Her PT even had her transfer clear to the floor and back up into her chair so she could handle an emergency if she fell from her chair when she was alone. She did great. She also rode six miles on the e-stim bike that helps keep her leg muscles toned and in shape.

After we got home I was able to get a little computer work done and managed to secure their wireless computer network, and clean up some PC issues. Now Trish is back on-line with the world and taking care of the family's personal business.

More next week ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning Trish,

Soooo glad to hear about your great progress. Its so nice having your dads updates, it makes me feel connected to you somehow. Keep up the great effort and remember there is lots of us pulling for you EVERYDAY! Have a wonderful Sunday, Lots of love.

Kerri (Murray) Frantz

Debbie Cartwright said...

Hi Trish!! Six miles on the bike!!!
Wow...you are amazing!! I continue to admire your determination and perseverance. These updates help so much. I check each day for the latest news on your progress.
You are in my prayers...and the Lord is hearing and answering all the prayers sent your way!!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Your dad is amazing - tell him thanks for these great updates!
You are also amazing - I can't even walk 6 miles much less do what
you have done - way to go! I hope
to see you at Brisas one day - Keep up the great work! You are in our prayers and thoughts.
Take care, Tammy Etherton & Family

Anonymous said...

I know I will see you walking around at Brisas one day. Dont stop Believing in yourself!I know you can do it.

Anonymous said...

I know I will see you walking around at Brisas one day. Dont stop Believing in yourself!I know you can do it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
You are doing great and your attitude is amazing. I admire how upbeat and positive you continue to be. I am a fellow Queen Creeker and just had to reach out after reading your article in Monday's paper. I have been fighting Breast Cancer and I know how important a postive attitude is, along with the belief that you can do so much more than doctors think you are capable of doing. With the Lord's help ANYTHING is possible. Do not stop believing. Modern medicine is not the last word, especially when it comes to our God. Good Luck, and continue believing!
Love, Janet

Anonymous said...

Your story is truly inspirational. I read it in the paper on Monday. I have a friend who's husband was recently in a quad accident. He is still in county hospital. It sounds as if he may have had more complications than you have encountered. He had several surgeries and can now breathe approx 15 min on his own. The inspiration of your story has led me to ask about the rehabilitation process. Is there anything/where we should specifically look for? You can reach me at mglaney@msn.com. Any advise you can give is greatly appreciated.
Thank you and good luck?
Mary Laney

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish!! Dana here! I've been staying up to date with your progress and checking the blogspot at least twice a week. It sounds like you are adjusting really well to life at home. Gotta love the new chair lift! I would love to come and visit you soon but I know you are super busy with the boys back at school and PT appts! I will call soon and see if there is a time that would work out. Keep choosing that joy! It's so good to see your smile in the Tribune! You are an inspiration to all.

Love,
D Kaupie