Monday, August 13, 2007

Great Day Boating


On Saturday, Trish, Scott, Parker & Hunter took their boat out to Bartlett Lake for a day of fun on the water. They were joined by four other boats and several of their new friends from St. Joseph's Hospital and the Barrows Neurological Institute.

In attendance were three of Trish's therapists from both her in-patient and out-patient experiences. Her mentor, Jennifer, was there as well.

Scott, Parker & Hunter all had runs on the wake board or tube. Trish along with the help of her therapists, was able to get in the water for a swim with the gang as well. This was pretty amazing since she just got out of the hospital a few weeks back. Now Scott knows how to help Trish get in and out of the boat on future trips.

Everyone was pretty bushed after a long day on the water and in the sun. So Sunday was a day of resting up for the new week of challenges ahead.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, how exiting to get out in the fresh air, water and sun. You sure had a busy last few days. You looked great when I saw on Friday.
I hope the upstairs was cleaned for you....Keep it up honey. Let us know when you are going to be at school again so I can pop in and say Hi.
Luv Ya
Deb K.

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a great day with some new friends. Lakes in Arizona, I thought it was only desert. :) :) :) Wish I could be there with you to join in on some of the fun!!
Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Boating, thats AMAZING...........I was so excited to read about your day boating. Talk about pulling up your boot straps and going on with your life, Iam beyond proud of you. Your will and hard work has really motivated me. Believe me your life is changing and you are without a doubt changing others lives as well, for that I THANK YOU. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family, it warms my heart. Keep up the great effort and NEVER WEAKEN! (I stole that line from TY) I think of you daily.
Love, Kerri (Murray) Frantz

Debbie Cartwright said...

You are an amazing woman Trish...you have more energy and drive than anyone I know. I have alwsys admired that about you. Your weekend sounded great...yes, I was envious! I miss boating on Lake Erie with my children ( when they were children!!)
It was so good to see you last week! I will be staying in touch, so you need to come up with ideas as to how I can help you!
Debbie